Welcome to the AGTA website. Our hope is that this will be a ‘one stop’ package for all your geography needs. Please note that membership is open to ANY geography teacher with reduced rates for those outside of the Auckland region.
Why you should join the AGTA:
The purpose of the AGTA is:
1. To promote, encourage and advance the teaching of and research into Geography.
2. To represent and protect its members’ interests.
3. To produce and disseminate materials.
4. To liaise with other related groups and associations as well as with professional organisations of teachers of Geography.
Joining the AGTA means you can:
* access shared resources contributed by other teachers in the region – there are assessments, activities, games, posters all available for AGTA members
* participate in events run by the AGTA eg professional learning courses, competitions for your students, access to talks for Scholarship students and so much more
* receive up to date information on news from NZQA re geography issues – examinations, internal assessments, moderators etc
* belong to a professional organisation of interesting and fun geography teachers across the Auckland region and throughout New Zealand
* gain advice from other geography teachers
* have an opportunity to talk with others about teaching and learning
* Use of AGTA equipment (free of charge)
* Invitation to professional development cluster meetings
NB: Becoming an individual member DOES NOT qualify your school as a member.
We hope that belonging to the AGTA will solve those problems you have due to geographic isolation or some other reason. Please do remember that the AGTA is a voluntary non-profit organisation that relies on subscriptions to run courses and offer geographical opportunities for students throughout the year.
The committee consists of hard working teachers who have willingly given up some of their time to help promote the subject. None of us are “experts”, we are teachers just like you, our success therefore depends on the efforts of members suggesting needs for courses, offering resources and letting us know of useful links we can share.
Email us to get information on joining the Auckland Geography Teachers Association (AGTA) – email@example.com
2017 MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION AGTA– for your accounts department
Register your department here to join the AGTA in 2017 and access to the website. You need to pay and register to get access to AGTA resources!