ATTENTION: HOD GEOGRAPHY and Geography teachers This workshop is intended to assist teachers “new to teaching geography” (either beginning teachers or those new to teaching geography). The course will include:
- An overview of the NZ geography curriculum.
- Interpretation of key terminology and the use of concepts.
- Achievement standards – an overview.
- Where to go for information – Cool websites and textbooks.
- Some different ways to teach geography
- Question and answers – there’s no such thing as a silly question.
VENUE: National Library, Level 1, 8 Stanley Street, Parnell
FACILITATORS: Graeme Cope and others
COST: $15 per person (member schools) Includes afternoon tea.