The East Auckland Cluster meeting will be held at Pakuranga College on Wednesday 10 April. It will be in the same location as last time R6L – we will aim to start at 4:15pm. Please bring resources or links that you are willing to share. We can use this time to share, ask questions and sort out issues.
Looking forward to seeing you here today.
The AGTA committee approved FOUR courses for 2013 at our last meeting.
Three of these will be in the afternoon from 3pm – 5.30pm – less relief required AND lower registration cost for schools.
Watch your in box for details on these:
We will have the following:
1. Tips and ideas for Geography teachers – this course is aimed at “new” to NCEA geography teachers (Term 2)
2. Teaching Scholarship – things you could try with your students and programmes that work (Term 2)
3. Holistic marking for externals (Term 3)
4. Different ways teach geography in our schools – new ideas and approaches for teaching and learning in geography (Term 4)
The 2012 assessment schedules, judgement statements and national statistics are now up on the NZQA website.
To see how well a school, group of schools, or other group of students has achieved in NCEA, see Secondary school statistics.
1. Canterbury Earthquakes – more lessons for New Zealand 9-11 April (more)
In preparation for this field trip you will learn about
· the earth’s crust and plate tectonics
· why and how earthquakes occur
Got ideas for courses – include them here …
Let’s have some good ideas for geography courses.
* access shared resources contributed by other teachers in New Zealand – there are assessments, activities and games – all available for AGTA members (you have to belong to AGTA to access this information) – NCEA, Cambridge, IB and Scholarship resources will be available.
Moderation Best Practice workshops are delivered by NZQA National Assessment Moderators, Assessment & Moderation Facilitators and National Moderators for teachers in specific senior secondary school subjects.