Hope you have had an excellent start to the year.
Please find attached the information for your subscription to the Auckland Geography Teachers Association (AGTA) for your accounts department in your school. Please note that the subscription levels have remained the same for this year – making it a real bargain!
Register your departments contact details here asap.
This year we are asking for all your departmental members email addresses to ensure that we have everyone on our data base and to improve our communications with everyone.
What are the benefits of joining the AGTA for you and your department:
1. Access to our through our ever expanding website – agta.org.nz
2. Access to resources for scholarship and being able to attend workshops with your students.
3. Access to examinations written by teachers using the assessment specifications for all years including scholarship
4. Ability to register and attend a range of workshops over the year to improve the teaching and learning in your classrooms.
5. A supportive committee who can help with questions you may have on anything geographical.
6. A group who have the ear of NZQA and can communicate your concerns.
Welcome back to another wonderful year of teaching the best subject in the world – we are so lucky to be able to work with students on things that are so relevant to NOW and in the future.
Have a wonderful year and enjoy it all.
The AGTA committee are looking forward to hearing from you, receiving contributions for our website and meeting you at various events.
The first event of the year is the AGM. Wednesday 15 February.
American but pretty cool.
Can anyone tell me how the one question with multiple parts will be marked? Does the student have to get all ‘parts of the question” at a certain achievement level or will they be marked holistically? Does the previous N1- E 8 apply for “parts ” of a question ?
Hi – does anyone who uses Google Earth to do 1.8 have problems with students saving their work? Does anyone have any tips for how to reliably save? This year some students work saved and others didn’t. Thanks